Fredericksburg Community Orchestras Organizational Bylaws
I. Name & Purpose
1. The name of the organization shall be Fredericksburg Community Orchestras.
2. The purpose of Fredericksburg Community Orchestras will be to promote string education in Fredericksburg, Texas and surrounding communities.
a. String ensembles
i. Suzuki Group Classes for youth ages 3 to 12
ii. Community Ensemble for Ages 12+
iii. Chamber ensemble of semi-professional players for special events
b. Educational units that visit surrounding areas in schools and churches to bring classical music to rural areas in the Hill Country.
c. Summer programs for young string players that will attract a larger community from Kerrville, Boerne, San Antonio, Austin, and possibly further.
d. Offering small scholarships to high school seniors who have participated in our programs as the go on to higher education.
1. Membership shall consist of a Board of Directors.
2. The Board of Directors shall serve without pay and consist of three to five members.
3. Board members should be residents in Fredericksburg or surrounding communities.
4. Board members shall serve up to three terms.
5. Vacancies shall be filled by the Board, with the recommendation of the Director.
6. Board members with 3 of absences shall dismissed from the Board.
1. The officers of the board shall consist of a President, Secretary and Treasurer nominated by the Board.
2. Elected officers will serve a term of two years.
3. Responsibilities of Officers
a. The President shall preside at all Board meetings, appoint committee members, and perform other duties as associated with the office.
b. The Secretary shall be responsible for the minutes of the Board, keep all approved minutes in a minute book, and send out copies of minutes to all.
c. The Treasurer shall keep record of the organization’s budget and prepare financial reports as needed.
1. The Board may appoint standing and ad hoc committees as needed.
1. Regular meetings shall be held on a quarterly basis.
2. Special meetings may be held at any time when called for by the President or a majority of Board members.
3. An annual meeting to elect members of the board will be held between August and October.
4. Agendas will be provided at the meeting. Board members may suggest agenda items 3 days in advance.
5. Special committees will make reports at the meetings.
1. A majority of board members constitutes a quorum.
2. In absence of a quorum, no formal action shall be taken except to adjourn the meeting to a subsequent date.
3. Passage of a motion requires a simple majority (i.e. one more than half the members present).
VII. Conflict of Interest
1. Any member of the board who has a financial, personal, or official interest in, or conflict (or appearance of a conflict) with any matter pending before the Board, of such nature that it prevents or may prevent that member from acting on the matter in an impartial manner, will offer to the Board to voluntarily excuse him/herself and will vacate his seat and refrain from discussion and voting on said item.
VIII. Fiscal Policies
2. The fiscal year of the board shall be January 1 to December 31.
1. These by-laws may be amended by a two-third vote of Board members present at any meeting, provided a quorum is present and provide a copy of the proposed amendment(s) are provided to each Board member at least one week prior to said meeting.